Each year in mid September we run a “Double English” dance. There is an afternoon session of English country dancing designed for those who welcome some challenge and want to dance without instruction in basic skills. This is followed by a potluck supper and our regular evening English country dance. Calling is shared between a group of callers.
The 2013 Double English will be held September 21st in our usual Fayetteville location. Expect expressive and exciting music from Frivolity, a wonderful trio composed of Tim Ball on fiddle, Rachel Bell on accordion and Jane Knoeck on piano. This year’s rotation of excellent callers includes David Smukler, Bob Nicholson and others.
Please note that, beginning with this dance, our monthly English country dances are moving from second Fridays to third Saturdays.
Here are the details:
- Date: September 21, 2013
- Location: United Church of Fayetteville
- 3:30-6:30 ~ Advanced English Dance
- 6:30-8:00 ~ Potluck Supper
- 8:00-11:00 ~ Regular Evening Dance
- Admission: $8 each session or $12 for both (as with all our dances, supporters can pay more and students or those with limited income can pay less)