Links to related dance and music groups, websites, bands, and callers.
Contra and English country dances within a generous radius of Syracuse.
Bands and Callers
Regional contra and English country dance bands and callers.
Other Syracuse Area Groups and Websites
- Bassett Street Hounds: Morris dancers
- Thornden Morris: more Morris dancing
- Syracuse Swing Dance Society
- Syracuse International Dancers
- Erie Canal Cloggers
- Kellish Farms for old time music and dance: regular dance events in the barn and an old fashioned music jam and pot luck supper each Sunday starting at 1 PM
- David Smukler’s Home Page, which can lead you to some dance sequences by local composers
- The Folkus Project: presenting folk and acoustic music in Syracuse and CNY
- Central New York Friends of Folk
- The Syracuse Irish Music Session
- Syracuse Sacred Harp – monthly shape note singing group
- The Canaan Institute – Michael Ludgate’s folk music site (Ithaca and CNY).
National / International Dance Websites